As a patient of this practice you can expect:
- To be seen the same day for conditions you and a doctor agree are urgent.
- To have a telephone consultation or see a health care professional within 48 hours. For more information, please view the Appointments page.
- To have your records treated confidentially, subject to your wish to have relatives and friends informed of the progress of your treatment. This is in line with our Confidentiality policy.
- To be seen at home at your doctor’s discretion. More information can be found on our Home Visits page.
- To have your long-term medication and treatment reviewed at agreed intervals. If you have been advised by the surgery that your medication review is due you can complete the Medication Review form.
- To be informed (through leaflets etc) of the practice’s services and how best to use them. The full list of services offered can be found on the Clinics and Services page.
- To receive health care in clean, comfortable and appropriate surroundings.
- To be treated with courtesy.
As a patient of this practice we expect you:
- To treat the doctors and practice staff with courtesy.
- To be punctual for your appointment time.
- To give the practice as much notice as possible if you are unable to keep a booked appointment. If you need to cancel your appointment, you can do so by completing the Cancel an Appointment online triage.
- To make more than one appointment if more than one person needs to be seen.
- To be prepared to make further appointments if you have numerous or complicated problems.
- To be patient if appointment times are running late – it may be you who needs the extra time on another occasion.
- To ask for a home visit only if the illness prevents you from attending the surgery – children can usually be safely brought to the surgery.
- To only contact the doctor out of surgery hours in cases of an emergency which cannot wait until the next working day. Full out of hours contact information can be found on the Opening Hours page.
- To give 72 working hours’ notice of repeat prescriptions/medication you may need. If you would like to request medication online, you can do so by completing the Request a Repeat Prescription triage.